Wish to have a round on the oldest short-hole golf course in the world? We are delighted to confirm that Bruntsfield Links is now open to the public.
Here at the Golf Tavern, we are proud of our history and as the oldest golf pub in the world we’re here to cater for all your golfing needs! This ancient watering hole caters the best in Scottish pub grub with a hearty selection of dishes on offer so you can fill up before you start your round!
To celebrate the opening we’re giving you 5 fun facts!
- The number of dimples on a golf ball is either 336 for an American ball or 330 for a British ball.
- The chances of making two holes-in-one in a round of golf are one in 67 million.
- The first official golf rules were established in Edinburgh by the Gentleman Golfers of Leith.
- The first ever recorded hole-in-one was made in 1868 by Tom Morris at the Open Championship in Prestwick, Scotland.
- The world’s first ever golf tournament for women was held on New Year’s Day in 1811 at Musselburgh.
You can hire clubs, balls and score cards from us for £5.. Feeling peckish? Get our package deal that includes hire, a burger and a pint to wash it down for £10.
Reserve a spot by calling 0131 221 5221 or book online.